Calling Home - PHONE CARDS

Remi Loyer loyerraCADVISION.COM
Wed Feb 20 13:47:25 PST 2002

Hi all,

Just thought I would add my two cents to this subject.  The absolute
cheapest way to phone home is to buy a phone card.  Not the phone cards
provided by the phone company though.  I would recommend these two phone
cards:  Euro Link or Eurocities.  I was living in Spain for 5 months while
my boyfriend attended University in Barcelona.  These phone cards are tried
and tested by about 26 different people.  We tried them all, these are by
far the best rates.  What it will buy you... 100 minutes for approximately
6.00 Euros.  If you pump money into the phone, to phone overseas you are
looking at a rather expensive phone call.  I also had a cellphone in Spain,
this is not the cheapest option and I wouldn't recommend this route.

You can buy phone cards at tobacco shops, Internet cafes, even groceries
(sometimes).  You will usually see them posted on the window of the shop.
They have cards to phone both overseas and continental Europe.  I would look
for these in the larger centers especially in the touristy areas.  The cards
give a number which you can access without putting money into the phone and
then you enter your I.D. number.

Jennifer Bruce

--
  Remi Loyer -- loyerracadvision.com