Rain gear-eyes

bill deutschman olcbillaFIRESERVE.NET
Sun Feb 17 14:08:45 PST 2002

They sell Rain-X for car windshields that is hydroscopic to the water forms
very small beads on the glass.  It is easier to see through the water BUT I
have had problems with the windshield wipers after using it.  I am beginning to
believe that the UV radiation around here (4500') does something to the polymer
and changes it's properties.  It is nearly impossible to get off so be sure you
want it before putting it on your lenses.

I just use a Tilley hat and it keeps enough water of my lenses.  Nothing I know
of works for blowing rain.  You just have to keep wiping them with a cloth.

Bill

bill deutschman
455 hillside avenue
klamath falls, or 97601
olcbillafireserve.net

-----Original Message-----
From:   Rosina Lila [SMTP:BlaroliaAOL.COM]
Sent:   Sunday, February 17, 2002 1:49 PM
To:     GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject:        Re: Rain gear-eyes

 << File: ATT00001.html >>       Many thanks for your replies. I see that my
query should have been
more specific: first, for me contact lenses are out of the question; second,
I did wear a wide-brimmed hat and still had to stop every few minutes to wipe
my glasses.
       A pilgrim from Holland told me at a bar (cum-coffe shop) that there is
a liquid that rubbed on eyeglasses keeps them from becoming as blurred  in
the rain. Unfortunately he did not remember its name.
      Perhaps someone in this list knows the name of such item and where it
may be obtained.
      Many thanks, again.
Rosina

.