Backpacks

Channing Thieme channingtaRCN.COM
Sat Feb 16 16:14:25 PST 2002

Jen, I would definitely have gone smaller, but of the same make.  Before taking off for the Camino last September word had it that Osprey's Luna 75 (4000+ cubic inches) was one of the best designed backpacks for a woman's body.  -And it was incredibly comfortable with the weight well distributed and balanced.  -But too big.  Others on this list have mentioned Osprey's Eclipse 36 (2200), which is what I would (will) take next time.  It is certainly worth checking out.
    One appreciates weight (or lack there-of) unlike ever before while on the Camino.  Suddenly, an extra tee shirt weighs too much  -  as does that third pair of socks.  Initially at every stop I went through my things wondering what I could further eliminate.  I even found myself looking at my tube of toothpaste, debating over pouring some down the drain!  Take the weight-thing seriously before leaving and remember that just about everything you will need is available en route.
    Buen Camino!
    Channing