Excessive number of postings on GoCamino

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Sat Feb 16 11:52:04 PST 2002

Me,  I fully support E.O. Pederson in what he said and in the way that he
said it.  It was after all a private  message that he sent out and was not
meant for public consumption.

First:
I am far from happy that anything written and sent in private should be
re-posted to this (or any other) list without the original author's consent
especially when the intent is meant to cause defamation. It is a betrayal of
confidence and trust.

You must also realise that every posting to this group is held in the
Archives (forever?) and is hence available worldwide to all and sundry to
read (via, say, google.com).   If a newspaper were to publicise a private
letter with mal-intent in one of their columns without permission.....well
you can image the outcry (and possible legal proceedings).

Second:
I agree with EOP (and others who have replied) in that the contributions to
this list should be stuff that is well-related and identifiable to the
Camino.  After all, this is not a generalised philosophy group or a travel
group or an encounter group.

Third:
It's coming up to Easter in 6 weeks.  Does anyone have a decent recipe for a
Simnel cake?  Or is that off-topic?   :-((

But maybe if I made the cake and brought it on the Camino with me, then it
would be OK to ask  ;-))

Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

---