community/christianity/camino

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Tue Feb 12 23:01:56 PST 2002

>Perhaps it's message about making christianity an act, not just a belief is
>more where we are all losing ground
>a society like ours that promotes self centered gain can only get lonlier
>and lonlier

Andrea, that reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"There come periods in thine experience when doubts arise as to that which brings material success
in thine experience, and thou seest about thee those that disregard law, order, or even the rights
of their fellow man - yet from the material angle they APPEAR to succeed in gaining more of this
world's goods. And they are apparently entrusted with the activities, even among their fellow man,
that will have to do with the lives and activities of many souls. Then thou, in thine
ignorance, proclaim: "What is the use of trying to be good? What is the use of setting a high moral
or mental or spiritual standard, when such succeed in entering into the joys of the earth?" They
indeed, my son, have their reward in that single experience. But hast thou looked into their hearts
and seen the trouble and doubt there? Hast thou looked into their lives, in their associations with
themselves, and seen the fear, the doubt, the shame even often that crouches there?

"Rather, my son, live each day, each hour, each association, in such a way and manner that thou
canst EVER look upon the activities of that day and feel not ashamed to present them to thy Maker!"

Russ