men are more sensible than women

Andrea Innes-Michailov andreaaCORP.IDT.NET
Mon Feb 11 11:57:01 PST 2002

Hello Mr. Sanchez,

I had forgotten about the corpus callosum.  Years ago I used to talk about
that.  It is interesting to know that when we are born the corpus callosum
(sp?) is more open and the communication between the right side and the left
is more active.  This is apparently for learning purposes as all we do is
learn learn learn when we are children.  If I recall properly the larger
corpus callosum in women has one down side and that is indecisiveness.
Because we filter information in both halves of the brain we tend to take
longer to make decisions.  I recall sitting in MacDonalds with my father
explaining the theory of the corpus callosum: while I was talking a homeless
man approached and asked if he could have some of my coffee.  I remember
feeling confused about what I should do, part of me wanted to give him the
coffee, afterall I did not really need it and I could buy more.  On the
other hand society frowned upon homelessness and I felt pressure not to
"encourage" it.  While I was tossing my thoughts back and forth my father
took my coffee cup and gave it to the man.

I said, "see daddy, you made a decision while I was still weighing the
different sides."

My father replied, "It was easier for me because it was not my coffee."
Funny guy...

But anyway, I am most intrigued by your arrival in Trujillo.  I have often
thought that past lives may or may not be real but that their message must
still be heeded.  I myself had a past life experience in Spain, in the
memory I stood on a beach where great boulders led out to a rough sea.  In
real life I burst into tears and began to sob as I sat in the chair in the
hypnotist's office and simultaneously was standing on a beach.  I remember
my current self could not quite understand what I was crying about but my
former self was quite clear about why.  My husband, now and then, appeared
next to me in a frilly shirt (thank you Seinfeld)and was off to secure his
fortune on a ship.  I was being abandoned.

Now that I think of it, I have always assumed I was in northern Spain
because of the rocky beach and the rough sea.  Just now I realize I never
had any reason to "know" that and still don't know why I assumed it was
northern Spain.  It will be interesting to see if I have my own re-birth of
sorts along El Camino.  It is also interesting that I really had not given
that past life much thought until now.  El Camino is something I want to do
to reintegrate parts of myself I feel I have lost in THIS life.  Funny that
Shirley Maclaine has brought up the possibility of more.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Andrea