while on the Camino

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Sat Feb 9 23:34:22 PST 2002

On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:11:38 -0500, Channing wrote:

>Russ, I had a near identical moment as yours while walking out of Astorga.
>It was right after September 11th.  Literally out of the blue Bob Dylan's
>song (popularized by Peter, Paul and Mary) from the 60's, "Blowin' In the
>Wind" started playing over and over in my head  -  esp. the part about "How
>many times can a man turn his head and pretend that he just doesn't see?".

While I was never a Bob Dylan fan, that particular song is one of my all time favorites. And it is
still so true. So many of us blind ourselves to those things we don't want to see. God speaks to us
in many different ways and can use the whole universe to do so. Our answers may just be blowing in
the wind - or they may be in the words of a poem we read, the sound of the waves on the shore of the
ocean, in the words of the next song we hear, in the scene of the next movie we watch, in that
'silent voice' we all have in our minds, in a beautiful painting that we see, etc. Just look back
through your own life and I suspect you will see how true this may be.

Russ