refugios

Diane Grust DEG33aAOL.COM
Fri Feb 8 10:06:54 PST 2002

No electricity:

 From the CSJ guide (and I visited there but did not overnight)

Hospital de San Nicolas/Itero del Castillo

shotrly before crossing a road and the puente Fitero over the Rio pisuerga.
A refuge in a 13c chapel converted by the Ilalian Confraternity offering
outstanding hospitality. 12 beds plus mattresses for the overflow.  Super &
breakfast provided.  No electicity. Lamplight. May offer coffee to passing
pilgrims

They do offer coffee as I enjoyed one with the hospitero

I spent some of my most enjoyable nites in refugios which I would not rate
high on the clam shell list but  they were either run by interesting people
or i ran into some other interesting pilgrims.  The rating system reminds me
of Hilton hotels not the camino.

Diane