Shirley Maclaine's book

Lois Karner galo.karneraVERIZON.NET
Fri Feb 8 09:45:25 PST 2002

Yes, I have read Shirley's book and enjoyed it.  I will not pass
judgement on the past lives section since last night I went to see
Brian Weiss http://www.brianweiss.com  in New York City.  <grin>

I was visiting Paris two years ago in April.  It was a wet day.  I
decided to stay in and chill out.  CNN was on TV in the background
and Larry King was interviewing Shirley Maclaine about her book.  I
stopped and listened, that's how I first learned about the camino.
Thank you Ms. Maclaine if you lurk on this list.

Spending a great part of our life in Brazil I just "had" to read
Paulo Coelho's book to find out why so many Brazilians follow him
along the camino.  Paulo's story is different to Ms. Maclaine's but
is also interesting.

David M. Gitlitz and Linda Kay Davidson's book "The Pilgrimage Road
to Santiago: The Complete Cultural Handbook" is thorough but oh! I do
wonder about carrying it in my backpack on the camino.  What do I
leave out of my backpack to allow me to carry this book?

At the moment I am reading "Following the Milky Way: A Pilgrimage on
the Camino de Santiago" by Elyn Aviva (2nd Edition).  Although I am
only at page 20 I am enjoying this book immensely.  On their first
day from SJPP Elyn (Ellen) makes you ache with her and want to pick
up her backpack and carry her load.  I think I am going to "love"
this book.

I purchased all book from http://www.amazon.com