Climate

Bernard MILFORD s560543aSTUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 7 22:29:41 PST 2002

Hands up those that know the difference between climate and weather.  Climate,
of course refers to the longer term trends.  One indicator of this is the SOI,
which gives us the good old El Nino and La Nina (excuse my lack of "enyas").
At present, the phase is "rapidly rising"  What this means for the next few
months is on the following web site

http://www.nrm.qld.gov.au/longpdk/latest/latpwor.htm

Now, I admit it's a tiny map and it's a bit hard to see Spain, but it seems to
me that it's saying that NE Spain has a high chance of above-average rainfall
up to April at least.  This site is updated every month or so, and looks a
couple of months out, so you may like to wander back at times to see what the
prediction is like for your planned camino.

If you look down in my area in the bottom corner, at South Eastern Australia,
you will see drought on the menu.  Many of these areas had floods last week.
That's statistics