miles per day

John Topping j.m.toppingaXTRA.CO.NZ
Wed Feb 6 21:29:00 PST 2002

Greetings John & Ida,
Thank you for your e-mail - I found it so encouraging.  Could I ask you to pray for a successful camino for my husband John and I.  That God will reveal Himself to us and that our prayers for our daughter Claire will be answered.
Thank you,
Marion.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JohnandIda09aAOL.COM
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 5:54 PM
  Subject: Re: miles per day

  Agree. The Camino is not a race or an endurance contest
  against yourself or competition with others. Walk slowly,
  with the sun on your back and the breeze on your face.

  Forget schedules, daily distance goals, worries about progress,
  concerns about weather, hot water, beds, etc. Turn your thoughts
  and attention away from blisters, hunger, tiredness, aches and pains.

  Humble yourself and concentrate on the divinity every step, every minute
  of every day. Watch in awe as the magic unfolds. The kingdom of God
  is within you. Focus on it, hold your attention on the spark of the divine in your
  soul and feel it cradle you in its loving warmth. Smile as the strange coincidences begin to happen, chuckle as the universe winks and nods its approval.

  Help those around you, encourage them, share your food, your water.
  Give up your bottom bunk to someone older, handout small candies to
  the villagers.

  Pray for the deliverance of all pilgrims past, present and future.