Getting to St. Jean

Heather Lemley Rehtaeh05aCS.COM
Wed Feb 6 10:40:51 PST 2002

I flew in to Paris, caught a train to Bayonne that day, and stayed the night
in Bayonne.  Then the next morning I left for St. Jean.  I'll warn you
though, I was extremely tired.  I was awake for over 24 hours because of the
time change.  I also scheduled my train ride at the wrong time and ended up
waiting in the Montparnasse train station for 2 hours after I had been awake
for 24.  Then I realized that I had accidentally booked a smoking car in the
train.  But that is beside the point.  Anyways, you could do what I did.  I
was simply worried about not having to stay in Paris since it is so much more
expensive than Bayonne.  I was tired though and ended up not getting enough
sleep or recovering from my jetlag before I started walking the next day.
Needless to say, it was a difficult hike to Roncessvalles.  I would reccomend
hanging out in St. Jean a couple days to get rested.