Pilgrim Stories

Donald Schell djschelaATTGLOBAL.NET
Wed Feb 6 09:07:00 PST 2002

Dear Diane,

Thanks for this:

> I have read your book and found it to be your personal account as well as
> Maria...so the title fits.

and for this -

> I think that is always the problem with any
> discussion, generally life is full of gray and not a lot of black and white.
> But to go back to the original question which was general...I see in your
> answer that you had a rationale with how you approached this area and a
> sensitivity to other feelings or it is probably better said as empathy.

And yes, empathy and I would compassion and respect, moves us into some kind
of fellowship with others.  The possibility is there in writing just as it's
there in the noisy, tired darkness of a sleeping refugio or perhaps even
better, in the line of people waiting for the refugio to open and wondering
if all will get a bed.

love,

donald