Getting to St. Jean

Lisa Forman FormanLSaAOL.COM
Wed Feb 6 08:36:34 PST 2002

Jen
I flew from NYC to DEGaulle (paris) very inexpensive flight.  Cab to Gare
Montparnasse and TGV train to Bayonne and smaller train to St Jean
You can even take the train directly from the airport to Bayone, but the
timing was not right for me so we went into town to Gare M..  Both trains
were also relatively inexpensive, fairly quick - actually a nice way to wind
down after the flight -
we got to St Jean in the afternoon, walked around a bit, bought food for the
next day, slept well and started off early in the AM for Roncesvalles.

 From Santiago we had an Iberia flight (scheduled when we completed our
journey with the Pilgrim's discount) to Madrid and a connection to Orly.
Unfortunately we had to cab it from Orly to DeGaulle - horrible rainy
trafficy ride.  We had missed our flight to NY because Iberia flights were
delayed hours and so they put us up in a shabby hotel near the airport where
we dreamt of the Camino and tried to figure out exactly why were returning
home!
lisa