starting in the south of France

Carli Di Bortolo ca.di.bortoloaLELYSTAD.NL
Wed Feb 6 06:13:51 PST 2002

Hi,
After lurking for a while I want to introduce myself to this group.
I am Carli Di Bortolo. I live in Holland and will be walking my camino,
starting in the final week of april this year.
I have come to the conclusion that the etappe from St-Jean to Roncesvalles
is one of the most severe of the camino. Therefore I’d like to start 4
walking days before, somewhere in the south of France. The extra time it
will take is no problem.
Can anyone give me advice on where to start, where to stay at night,
adresses en phone-numbers of places to sleep, and whether it is necessary
to call in advance to hotels, hostals etc.

I have been planning my camino for over a year now, so I am getting very
excited, and can’t wait to get on the way.

Thanks in advance, and greetings to you all,
Carli.