photographs

Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Tue Feb 5 19:29:41 PST 2002

Donald,

I don't know much about the legal aspects of referring to others in
written material, other than avoiding libel, but photographs are a
different issue. If some one sells a photo of someone or publishes a
book with photos of people the seller or publisher can get in serious
trouble if there is no signed permission to use the photos. I don't know
about posting them on the net when there is no profit involved. I
realize that there are special exceptions to this such as people
appearing in photos of newsworthy events. But if a friend, who has posed
for a picture, has not signed a model release the photographer can be
sued for selling the picture.

regards,

Robert