eating and drinking on the camino

Jennifer Schwartz jennsunsaHOTMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 15 04:32:44 PST 2002

We never had any problems with food or water(getting sick)....other than in
some small hamlets and towns everything is closed early in the morning and
later in the afternoons and on the weekends, except for the local bar where
you can usually find a ham and cheese sandwich. We tried to carry some food
with us and ran into problems on the weekends finding small stores. We had
some good luck buying provisions after we started out when we would pass
through a town that had a small store.

As for sleeping outside....most nights were fine...but we did wake up to 5
inches of snow around May 9th....(the most snow they had had all year!)

-Jen