Another view: Double Sleeping bag?

Margaret LaCugna mmlacugnaaMSN.COM
Fri Dec 13 12:44:02 PST 2002

My enterprising camino companion was able twice to discreetly move two bunks together for us into a corner area.  However, he managed to do so early in the afternoon and it was October!

Plan on two bags  -  solid sleep each evening is essential and the floor option sounds dreadful!

Best Regards,

Margaret LaCugna
2790 Broadway    3G
New York, NY 10025
mmlacugnaamsn.com
telephone: 212.665.8847
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Spenger
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 2:02 PM
  Subject: Re: Double Sleeping bag?

  For your first question: in a word, NO. The usual refugio bed is a double bunk - vertically double, that is - even sometimes triple. In some it might be possible to use a double bag on the floor, but often there will not be even enough room for that even if it is allowed. Then there is the problem of people tripping over you on their way to the bathroom in the dark. With as many as fifty people in a room, this is a common occurrence. I found a cheap (about $50), lightweight (1 pound 9 ounce) bag at REI that was plenty adequate for my early Fall trip this year.
  Hotels usually have regular double beds or even larger, but they also have adequate covers and you wouldn't be using your sleeping bag.

  regards,

  Bob

  Harvey Goodman wrote:

    My Fiancée and I are planning on walking the road in the May, June, July time frame next year. Right now we only have a double sleeping bag. Will this work? Or are there many refugios where we will need to sleep separately?

    Harvey
    Work: (209) 341-7450
    E-mail: HarveyGoodman2001aYahoo.com