Double Sleeping bag?

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Fri Dec 13 11:02:35 PST 2002

For your first question: in a word, NO. The usual refugio bed is a
double bunk - vertically double, that is - even sometimes triple. In
some it might be possible to use a double bag on the floor, but often
there will not be even enough room for that even if it is allowed. Then
there is the problem of people tripping over you on their way to the
bathroom in the dark. With as many as fifty people in a room, this is a
common occurrence. I found a cheap (about $50), lightweight (1 pound 9
ounce) bag at REI that was plenty adequate for my early Fall trip this
year.

Hotels usually have regular double beds or even larger, but they also
have adequate covers and you wouldn't be using your sleeping bag.

regards,

Bob