Looking for a fellow-pilgrim

Tom Priestly tom.priestlyaUALBERTA.CA
Fri Aug 2 13:51:03 PDT 2002

This is an advertisement!

I joined this list just over two weeks ago in the expectation that I would
be  walking SJPDP to Santiago, leaving about September 14th; my only worry
was where Klaus (my fellow-walker) and I would leave his car while we were
on the pilgrimage. (Thanks to those who made suggestions! When I have all
the information, I will post it.)

Two hours ago I received a message from Klaus: he has to go into hospital
next week for a by-pass. As for me, I have been training (yesterday I
walked 12.5 kilometers with about 15 pounds on my back, in my new
Zamberlans & two pairs of socks). I have been reading the listserve
archives and all the books I can lay my hands on. I have a ticket to
Austria for September 10th which will cost me a substantial sum if I turn
it down. I am ***really*** keen to go. My wife, however, will be very
worried if I go on my own. (She is not a walker ...)

If anyone on this list is personally setting off on the Camino in the
second half of September, or knows someone who will be doing so, PLEASE get
in touch will me off-list. I will adapt my plans to yours/theirs, of
course. I am 65 and fit: I have been race-walking  for about 7 years and am
I think less likely than most to suffer from foot problems. I will be more
forthcoming about myself to individual correspondents!

One afterthought: for my wife's peace of mind, I will welcome invitations
from single males and from groups, but not from single females.

My thanks for your attention!
Tom Priestly

*       Prof. (Emeritus) Tom Priestly
*       Dept. Modern Languages & Cultural Studies
*       University of Alberta
*       Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA  T6G 2E6
*       telephone:      780-469-2920
*       fax:            780-492-9106
*       e-mail:         tom.priestlyaualberta.ca
*       http://myprofile.cos.com/priestlt69