Train travel

Joe and Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Thu Aug 1 23:02:30 PDT 2002

Hi Tony
We usually get a railpass for the number of days we'll be taking long
trips or several short ones on the same day. I was not able to buy local
tickets in Spain until I got to Europe, but I didn't have any trouble
getting what I needed. Railpass is usually for 1st class travel which is
great if you're on an overnight, but not so necessary on day trains.
Short hops on 2nd class are ok. One more tip-strikes are much more
likely to occur on Fridays than on any other. Plan accordingly. And keep
your hands on your bags at all times if possible. If it's not possible,
keep your eyes on your stuff. I have found Rail Europe to be very
helpful. Try the Rick Steves web site. Based in Seattle Washington, very
helpful and budget minded. Good luck. Lydia