Accomodation in Bayonne

Ed ed_maddenaLINEONE.NET
Sat Apr 27 12:08:17 PDT 2002

After many, many months of soul searching, I am now about to fly from the UK
to Biarritz to start my Camino next Tuesday April 30th.  The plane arrives
there at about 18:00 but the next available train from Bayonne doesn't leave
till 21:00 and would arrive in SJPP at 22:00.  By that time I expect the
Office to be closed and the Refugio to be full.   So my plan is not to take
the train at that time  but  to stay in Bayonne overnight (can anyone
recommend a decent place?) and then to take the train out in the morning
(around 09:00) to arrive at SJPP by about 10:00.  I plan to have a look
about SJPP (and get my passport stamped) and, in the afternoon, walk the 6km
to Huntto and stay the night.  And thereafter walk the Route Napoleon
(weather permitting) to Roncesvalles.

Does this seem a reasonable plan or can anyone offer me a better option.

Best regards,
Ed
(Ware, Herts, UK)

---