Hand held radios

Ted Kayes tckayesaEARTHLINK.NET
Sat Apr 27 12:38:45 PDT 2002

Cheri and I plan to start our pilgrimage in about 13-14 months (June
2003.)  The list serve is a real help in getting organized.  We plan to not
take a cell phone,  because we want to get away from day to day involvement
with the world. But still we have an electronics question.

While we shall walk together, there may be times that we go to see
different sights or there could a problem when we would have to be apart.
We are considering a pair of little 1/2 watt radios.  They have a range of
about 2 km and do not require a license in the US.
We might never use them, but they could be a useful safety measure if we
get separated.

Any guidance?

Ted Kayes
tckayesaearthlink.net