BOOTS/more trhe merrier?

Conor Fortune conoraMADRID.COM
Thu Apr 25 06:26:21 PDT 2002

> But they would not be practical for shower and
> swimming - so I'm still torn.

I would suggest a great bit of footwear I used to take on
backpacking trips....sort of a hybrid flip-flop/sandal with velcro
straps, they are available cheaply in most department stores. They
are resilient enough to withstand a lot of walking (if you feel like
doing much in the evenings after hoofing it in boots all day), are
great shower/swim shoes b/c they are rubber and velcro and can
also be worn out with socks (provided you let them dry out first!) I
think I paid something like 7 bucks for them and they eventually fell
apart after about a year because the velcro straps become
detached, but they should definitely last for light "evening wear" on
the camino.

Conor F.