Music

Jean Seeler & Dave Gifford jeandaveaMINDSPRING.COM
Thu Apr 18 22:58:17 PDT 2002

In late May 2001, around 7 PM, when we opened the window of our hostal in Arzua, we heard bagpipes.  Bagpipes?  We went to investigate.  In the basement of a large commercial building that opened onto the main street at the western edge of town, a bagpipe band was practicing  :)   We stood in the door and listened.  It was wonderful.  They were young and old, men and women, teenage boys and girls.  The did not mind that we listened at the door.

In Santiago we stopped to listen to a Tuna, in the square in front of the Cathedral.  We were immediately approached by an "older" man in costume who tried to sell us CD's or tapes of that particular tuna.  He was rather rude when we politely thanked him but let him know we were not insterested in a purchase.
  jean seeler      Trinity, Florida