Preparing and exercise

Juel M. Dagenais juelaVIRGINIA.EDU
Thu Apr 18 04:59:03 PDT 2002

I have been preparing since October and I start the Camio
this June, but that says more about my personality that
anything.  I started slow, just biking 5 miles 4 days a
week on an exercycle and doing yoga on the days between.
Now I am up to 20 miles a day and I do yoga, and on the
weekends I take 12 mile hikes with a pack filled like it
will be on the Camino.

School ends for me at the end of this month and my routine
will be more direct.  The month before I leave ( 2 weeks
from now) I am going to walk at least two hours every
morning and try to be very active throughout the day
...I have a three year old so this will be easy...and
hopefully walk another two hours every evening. I am going
to take as many day hikes as I can, and there are a few
trails that are 20 miles and I will do those the week
before i leave.

Some of this is just wanting to learn my pace, break in my
shoes, and also I hope to have prepared my body enough so
that while walking I can be more in my spirit than wracked
with aches, although I do expect aches, and to be over
heated, exhausted, sometimes discouraged and sometimes
elated too.

Feel free to email me directly.
Juel
juelavirginia.edu