music?

Conor Fortune conoraMADRID.COM
Wed Apr 17 07:55:03 PDT 2002

I also had the privilege to see a gaitero
(Galician bagpiper) on a misty autumn
morning underneath one of the Cathedral
arches. It was really mesmerizing what with
the rolling mists, the lilting tunes and the
crisp air.

Also in La Coruna I remember going into a
Galician bar that was full of local culture
and played lots of local folk music. Having
grown up in Ireland, I felt right at home. I'm
sure there are similar places in Santiago,
maybe even with live gaiteros as opposed
to just great ambient music. Just ask where
you can go to hear some "gaitas"
("guy-tas") or "musica celta" (with a soft "c,"
as in the Boston Celtics or Glasgow
Celtics)

Hope this helps

Conor F.