Vipers along the Way?

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Tue Apr 16 01:09:56 PDT 2002

I've seen quite a few in France over the years but saw just the one last
September on the walk down the fire break road on the way into St Juan de
Ortega - it was only 3inches (7cms) long and beautifully marked, just like
the books show it - in my photo it looks HUGE!

I shouldn't worry too much, last year we had a plague of them in southern
England an only one reported biting incident (in a town park!) the whole
season.

They're not like rattlers or cobras, leave them in peace and you've little
to fear.

Jeffrey