Trekking Poles vs. Pilgrim Staff - Useless statistics

Bernard Milford Bernard.MilfordaTELSTRA.COM
Sun Apr 14 18:10:00 PDT 2002

Folks

I have made a staff from a young sapling that I went into the bush and
crashed last winter.  It has now dried and I have formed it and waxed
it and put cotton twine whipping on it - almost a sacramental activity.

My wife has a high tech aluminium pole.  Hers weighs about 250 g.  Mine
weighs about 480 g.

With my stride, I calculate it will take me 846 000 paces to get from
SJPP to Santiago.  This means I wil lift the staff approximately 423
000 times.  Give the weight difference this means I will, in fact, lift
96.5 tonnes (metric) more than her.

Am I up to it?

Bernard

bermard.milfordatelstra.com