Golite breeze backpack

pieter pannevis p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL
Sun Apr 14 12:04:10 PDT 2002

Dear all,
Coming back from a weekend off I'll notice there have raised an idea that in
order to travel light, you need to have a light backpack!
You may...but you might be very well regretting it!

A backpack is never carried with the shoulders and considering the things
you take it's an inefficient way of taking your goods along.
For a daypack it might be all right, but never ever for this king of thing.

The first thing you make your Camino with is your faith, then your shoes and
then your backpack.!!
For this kind of "work" you need a proper backpack!

Several pilgrims I know use the Lowe range, with an internal - adjustable
for length - frame and a heavy padded hip belt.
The weight of you pack should be where your body is the strongest: at your
hips and then it's down to (or up to as you may put it) to your legs!
You back, you spinal column and your shoulders are not meant for this!
It's great and you can stuff in a much, as you want without 'any pain' at
your shoulders

You might look up the Lowe alpine range
Or just go to

http://www.lowealpine.com/Products/SearchMenu.asp?ProductTypeID=10

There was never ever a moment I thought I had the wrong backpack or was
troubled by it! I never wore one before and I learned all the trick while
using it!
The max I carried was 30 kg's - for a short stretch - but it was not problem
it could be handled without pain!

I normally carried about 22 kgs, which is rather much, but I learned to take
it and certainly the backpack did!
So please forget you very light backpack, please do!

Forget as much thing to put into your backpack, but do not forget to buy a
proper backpack. !!

 From Holland,
Pieter