Protocol for locks for backpacks on the Camino

bill deutschman olcbillaFIRESERVE.NET
Thu Apr 11 10:24:55 PDT 2002

Denise;

Can't tell you about backpacks but we never left our bikes without locking the
bikes and the panniers to something very solid.  We didn't lock things in hotel
rooms or in the refugeos but we did lock our bikes in hotel garages, etc. even
if they had a locked door.

Don't know if it was necessary but we didn't lose anything.  I guess it's like
my garden.  I circle it with a magic rope that repels Elephants and I've never
had a single Elephant in the garden.  :^)

bill

bill deutschman
455 hillside avenue
klamath falls, or 97601
olcbillafireserve.net

Are locks used to secure backpacks to fixed objects?  If so, which ones.

If not, is there no fear of theft on the Camino?  Protocol...

Thank you,
Denise