ultralight, small torso backpacks

lin galea caminante93aHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 9 18:02:56 PDT 2002

Dear Denise and all,
Standing only five feet tall, I'd be very interested to hear from other
short women about their packs.  Although I've walked the camino twice, I'm
in the market for a new pack.  Both times, I've used external frame packs -
which I do like because of the way they ride high.  The first time it was a
30 year old kelty that was easy to organize, but a tad too small.  In order
to carry what I needed, I had to hang another small bag on the outside.
Also, it was hard to up grade straps, pads, belt, etc.  The positive side
was that it couldn't be over packed and it felt like part of me.
The second time around, I "up-graded" to a newer version woman's Kelty.
Padding, etc were more comfortable, but it was too big and I fell into the
trap of filling up the space. Although it had more bells and whistles than
the old one, it was less satisfactory.
Am very interested to hear what others have to say.

lin galea