Cell phones vs prayer

lin galea caminante93aHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 8 18:00:13 PDT 2002

Dear Dorothy and All,
I understand your desire to stay connected - however, I also synmpathize
with those pilgrimgs to whom a pilgrimage is an escape from those daily
connections to reality.  For those who wish to bring a phone, you could turn
it off and let it take messages until you are in a private situation that
won't intrude on others.
The first time I walked, in '97, there were no cell phones. In '99 they were
everywhere and it was at times annoying. When I worked at Rabanal we asked
folks to go outside the refugio to make and take calls.
lin