ultralight, small torso backpacks

pjhelmaearthlink.net pjhelmaEARTHLINK.NET
Sun Apr 7 13:52:53 PDT 2002

I have now become one with my Mountainsmith Ghost pack, 2.6 pounds.  It took awhile to figure out how to make the adjustments, but we are finally the closest of friends.  I especially appreciate the unusual opening with a zipper that extends from the middle of one side, all the way up and over to the middle of the other.  There's a name for it but I can't recall right now. It gives me more flexibility than the top loader design. Lots of good options, good luck!

Polly

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Robert Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 08:17:22 -0700
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: Re: ultralight, small torso backpacks

I have just ordered one - sight unseen - from the following company:

http://www.ula-equipment.com/

I haven't received it yet, so I can't say whether or not it is going to work, but as you can see, they do make very lightweight
packs to your own measurements. Someone else on this list recommended this company awhile back, but I no longer remember who it
was.

regards,

Robert