Taxi to SJPP

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Fri Apr 5 03:18:44 PST 2002

Mmmm.

I've heard mixed reports about Roncesvalles including stories about being
locked out of the dorms during mass.

I arrived to witness a Basque wedding which delayed me from reserving a
place in either of the two restaurants - you need to show your credenciale -
 so had to make do with a bocodillo and a beer.

There were two helpers there when I booked in in Sept 2001 - one was very
helpful the other - Luiz - was . . . .  less so (good cop/bad cop?)so
whether you'd want/they'd allow you to leave your worldly goods there is a
matter of opinion.  Certainly no Refugio will take responsibility for loss
or theft.

Besides you'd miss out on the joy of your lungs and legs screaming in agony
as you haul your 25lb pack up 3000 odd feet of mountainside wouldn't you :-)