Taxi to SJPP

Adrienne Patton casamagdalenaYAHOO.COM
Thu Apr 4 20:37:36 PST 2002

That's a great idea - makes a lot of sense!  It never
occurred to me - I've never seen it mentioned before
as a suggestion, but I don't see why the monastery
hospitalero would mind, especially with a small
donation.

The Route Napoleon is very difficult - taking it goes
against all the good advice to "ease" into your camino
with short walking days the first week.  But it is so
worth it for so many reasons, going packless is a good
compromise.

It does get cold up there though, even in spring - be
sure to carry or wear warm layers.  Besides that, just
food, water & wallet.  Of course, that leaves you
without a sleepsack in SJPP, but if I remember
correctly, it is a very nice refuge - heated, with
blankets.

*Adrienne