matamoros

Elyn Aviva TajminaaAOL.COM
Mon Sep 24 17:53:29 PDT 2001

Thank you for your insightful comments. Historical reflection does help--as
does the ability to choose whether to call upon Matamoros or the Pilgrim--or
the Apostle--all equally valuable in their way. Maybe we can look beyond the
external image of the Matamoros and see a warrior fighting for what s/he
believes, a warrior that doesn't need to hold an upraised sword... or perhaps
we can see the sword as slicing through falsehood or hypocrisy, just as the
dark Hindu Kali with her necklace of human skulls represents not literal
murder but the slaying of material attachments and false ego.... Perhaps I am
engaging in wishful thinking; perhaps Matamoros is just and only what he
literally appears to be: a (self) righteous soldier slaughtering those who
don't agree with him. Gives one pause.

Buen Camino,
Elyn