world peace

Gabrielle Milanich EshlingaAOL.COM
Mon Sep 24 09:09:36 PDT 2001

I have been pretty quiet on this since expressing my original thoughts after
the event of 9/11.  But I feel, as a list-member, I have a right to have my
opinions be known.  I am quite exhausted, not to mention whole-heartedly
disappointed, from having to hear one member of our list attack others for
having opinions opposing his own.  He seems to think he has the right to
demand that the list owner to unsub another member.  That right does not
exist.  These atttacks filled with anger, and hate-filled discourse are only
adding to the tension of the events taking place.  We have called this list a
refugio.  It hasn't been such when members have been outright and cruelly
attacked.  Those words are not constructive, but its opposite.

Linda, I am asking you, as list owner, to step in and make your thoughts
known.

Finally, as always, anyone with opposing views are welcome to them if they
can be discussed in a rational manner.  On the surface, this may not seem to
be related to the Camino.  But I cannot help but remember the one consistent
feeling of those who have walked is that they did so with a peaceful heart.
The walking does not end because we leave Santiago.  If it does for some, if
the experiences of the Camino have been forgotten, I would seriously
reconsider why the pilgrimage was made in the first place.  In any event,
there has been a serious lack of simple respect.  I, for one, cannot abide by
that.  I await Linda's thoughts.

Gabrielle