world peace

Charles Clasen, Training Path clasenaTRAININGPATH.COM
Sun Sep 23 08:25:35 PDT 2001

Robin's idea chimes with one that came to me last month while on the Camino - only the pilgrimage for peace would take the road to Jerusalem through Turkey, Syria and Lebanon and Israel

No yellow arrows or refugios, probably little local cultural understanding, but it would be a gesture towards the crossing of religious, cultural and political barriers and an appeal to transcend differences.

I can imagine lots of ways it would backfire, but also permit myself to believe that it would have some positive effect on ordinary people if they saw that it mattered enough to other ordinary people to go to the trouble and inconvenience of making this kind of pilgrimage.

Maybe it could start in Stantiago....

Comments from fellow pigrims are welcome on or off list.    Charles Clasen