Flying from Santiago to Madrid

Charles Clasen, Training Path clasenaTRAININGPATH.COM
Tue Sep 18 11:55:32 PDT 2001

Arlene,

>How does one go about booking a Flight from Madrid to Pamplona but
> with the return leg of the journey originating in Santiago (not Pamplona)?

The Spanish National airline, Iberia, offers a pilgrim's discount of nearly
50% on flights out of Santiago, upon production of the 'compostela' issued
by the Pilgrim's office near the cathedral.

It may make sense to leave it until you are in Santiago to get your ticket,
or maybe Iberia will let you reserve (but not pay for) the ticket you want,
so that you can take advantage of the discount in Santiago.

I do not know the exact rates for Madrid, but at the beginning of September,
the normal price to Barcelona was 33,000 ptas, the pilgrim's price 17,000.

Hope this helps    Charles Clasen