Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Fri Sep 14 23:22:31 PDT 2001

>I for one am looking to the list serve for accounts, ideas and suggestions,
>not debates.  I get plenty of that on my radio, work, tv...
>Just say what you feel and we are listening.  There are no wrong comments on
>here.
>Thank you,
>Rae

If you consider that life is a test for us, then the following quote might (or might not) be
helpful. I know that in order to grow spiritually, we must always be willing to forgive, but I'll
admit that in light of what happened this week I'm having a bit of a tough time with it right now. I
hope the following quote doesn't offend anyone's beliefs. It has been running through my mind for
days now, and has slowly been quieting the anger that I origionally felt. So, without futher
comment:
_____________________________________
And God said to the Little Soul, "You may choose to be anything you
wish to be. You are of the Divine, and you may experience anything of
the Divine that you wish. Which aspect of the Divine do you wish to
experience in, as and through You?"

"Okay", said the Little Soul, "I choose to experience complete
forgiveness just as God does."

Well, this presented a small problem because there was no one to
forgive for this Little Soul. Everything around this soul was just
complete perfection and love! "But who can I forgive?", said the
Little Soul. At this the Little Soul was surprised to see itself
surrounded by all the souls in heaven who had come from far and wide
throughout the Kingdom because they had heard that the Little Soul was
having this conversation with God.

"But I see none less perfect than I! Who, then, shall I have to
forgive?"

Just then, another soul stepped forward from the crowd. "You may
forgive me," said this Friendly Soul.

"For what?" the Little Soul asked.

"I will come into your next physical lifetime and do something for you
to forgive," replied the Friendly Soul.

"But what? What could you, a being of such Perfect Light, do to make
me want to forgive you?" the Little Soul asked.

"Oh", smiled the Friendly Soul, "I'm sure we can think of something."

"But why would you want to do this?" The Little Soul could not figure
out why a being of such perfection would want to slow down it's
vibration so much that it could actually do something bad.

"Simple", the Friendly Soul explained. "I would do it because I love
you. You want to experience your Self as Forgiving, don't you? If you
choose to be something, then something the *opposite* of that has to
show up to make it possible. I ask only one thing in return", said the
Friendly Soul.

"Anything, anything!" said the Little Soul, exicted now that it would
be able to experience the Divine Aspect of Forgiveness.

The Friendly Soul then replied, "In the moment that I strike you and
smite you. In the moment that I do the worst to you that you could
ever imagine - in that same moment remember Who I Really Am."

"Oh, I won't forget!" promised the Little Soul. "I will see you in the
perfection with which I hold you now, and I will remember Who You Are,
always."

And so it came to be. The only question is: Did the Little Soul
remember?

May God bless all of you,
Russ