Fwd: Re: our voice

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Sep 14 13:30:30 PDT 2001

"I'm afraid that "Wounded Giant" will take a cruel revenge on entire nations"  ---  Gerda Jensen

Our leaders have shown remarkable restraint and while they deliberate with other nations' leaders, including those in the Moslem countries, on an appropriate course of action to combat terrorism around the world, it behooves all of us not to jump to any conclusions about destruction of whole nations. Also, since when has the U.S. been a persecutor?
You give yourself away when you refer to the United States as a wounded giant as if we were a Goliath and we were going to go after an innocent David.  Quite the reverse is true.  The U.S. is a large, powerful nation that repeatedly has shown compassion and benevolence for smaller, weaker societies at times of crisis and need.  Please tell me why you think "attention, love and healing" will stop terrorism any more than they would stop a Hitler, Stalin or Saddam Hussein from committing their barbarous, genocidal acts.  The only way to deal with these life-threatening tumors, as you term them, is to destroy them and those that give them nourishment and sanctuaries.
Do you really think that these evil people can be redeemed with all the love in the world?  If you do, you are a fool. The real message for humanity should be to eliminate these cancers before they can do any more damage or it may be too late for healthy, life-nourishing societies to survive.   Howard Mendes, NYC, but stranded in London as a result of Sept. ll

P.S. You asked for a response to your letter.  I am getting tired of responding to Pollyannas who put drivel on this site.  On the other hand, I feel like a voice in the wilderness who must be heard even if the message falls on deaf ears in many instances.