Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Fri Sep 14 07:08:12 PDT 2001

"Our leaders are indeed planning nothing less than direct retaliation - even going so far as to possibly declare war. It's going to be retaliation after retaliation after retaliation ..."

Really! Where did you get such splendid insight?  Do you have direct access to the White House or a crystal ball?
I don't want to continue any "debate", but I cannot let such stupid comments go unanswered at a time like this.
Since this is a forum on Santiago and the Camino, I feel that the level of participation should be on an enlightened, spiritual plane and I am forced to respond to thoughtless nonsense being expounded by uninformed, faithless individuals.  Yes, have a little trust in our leaders and stop maligning them for actions that they have not taken.  Also, you might pray for them to have the wisdom to react to terrorism with a minimum of harm to anyone else other than the terrorists and their patrons and hosts.  Howard Mendes