Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 13 22:21:44 PDT 2001

Dear people
I am a teacher and today os the last day of term. In three weeks I will be
on line again. What will be our thoughts after that time? Please let us not
be at each other's throats. We are all prey to such complex and conflicting
emotions, and we are sure to have one dominate, and then another in some
sort of change if not progress as the days and weeks roll on.
Let's all be constant in prayer! And pray that our leaders are praying at
least as much as we are before they act.
God bless you all.
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathryn Finn [mailto:Kathryn.FinnaWWU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, 14 September 2001 10:32 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Re: Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Howard - NOTHING can excuse these  terrorists of their heinous
acts--certainly not the pain, fear or desperation referenced in the previous
messages.  These criminals used the lives of sons, daughters, mothers, and
fathers for their own evil ends. They destroyed the innocent in an effort to
bend others to their will--the ultimate blasphemy. If I gave the impression
that I was absolving these perpetrators of ANYTHING, I regret it.

Likewise I regret it if I gave the impression that I  "assume" our
government will retaliate in such a way that innocent lives will be lost.  I
do fear it though since these terrorists have given our Nation's leaders
plenty of justification, or temptation if you will, to head in that
direction.

It was not my intent to be any kind of an "apologist" for terrorists, but I
do give them some credit. They are good at what they do.  With one strike,
they brutalize their victims twice: first during the initial painful
assault, and again by baiting them to sink to the level of their assailants.

Kathryn