Fwd.: Compassion and Revenge.

Howard Mendes HMe347aAOL.COM
Thu Sep 13 14:50:26 PDT 2001

Katherine -  You may be correct, but the way the message was first stated it seemed to absolve the perpetrators of any responsibility and point the finger of blame at Americans for causing the violence and destruction.  Still, the "pain, fear and desperation" are scant excuses for the infliction of so much horror against the innocent.  What sickened me was the attitude of apologists for the behavior of those that oppose our society so vehemently that they resort to violence on the scale that we have witnessed.  I am not blind to America's shortcomings and errors, but surely nothing we have done deserves the outrageous conduct of those that committed these crimes against us. Also, why do you assume that our country may retaliate by "at the cost of innocent lives"?  If that were the case, Teheran and Kabul would have been reduced to rubble by now just like the WTC.  Howard Mendes