God is in control?

Kathy Gower kathygoweraHOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 12 07:38:22 PDT 2001

Dear friends and fellow pilgrims,

Like you all, I have many thoughts and have rec'd many messages...this one
says so much:

Dear friends,
                            As I watched the World Trade Towers collapse
this morning and as the shock works its way through my
                            body, i am aware that people everywhere will be
grappling with what this means.  I encourage all of
                            you to join me in being aware in these next days
and weeks of this meaning making activity, knowing
                            that how we understand this event governs how we
will respond.  If people recoil into fear,
                            vengeance and scapegoating we are in for very
dark times.  Our conversations right now make a big
                            difference in whether we as people, as a nation
can grieve, search our souls, stay connected to all
                            that is good in us.  If not, if we as people and
as a nation seek to relieve our pain through blame,
                            then many, many people here who have challenged
the status quo will be hurt and the conviction that
                            we must live in a police state will not be far
away.  Please join me in compassionate conversation
                            with as many people as possible - not
instructing others in how to respond but in listening and
                            feeling together and discovering what our
                            rather than fear.

                            Thank you for listening.
                            blessings
                            Vicki Robin