Introduction

Watson, John watsonjaTRINITY.VIC.EDU.AU
Sun Sep 9 15:09:54 PDT 2001

G'day Judy
I walked last year. On my website I list some motives that I observed among
my fellow pilgims.
www.pilgriminspain.net <http://www.pilgriminspain.net>
I too had to bus part of the way in 2000. In 2004 I want to walk the whole
way. Really I'd like to go from Le Puy but I'm not sure how I'll do it....
All the best
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Castillo, Judy [mailto:JCastillaKDHCD.ORG]
Sent: Monday, 10 September 2001 2:28 AM
To: GOCAMINOapete.uri.edu
Subject: Introduction

My name is Judy Castillo, I am a graduate student in history at CSU Fresno.
With a friend I walked part of the camino in June of this year (from St Jean
Pied de Port to Roncesvalles, then from Sarria to Santiago) .  Time
constraints and a sprained ankle prevented the complete trip.  I am very
proud to be a pilgrim and earned my "Compostela" on June 21, 2001.  What an
incredible experience!  I am currently writing my Master's thesis on the
Camino and am comparing the motivations for pilgrims walking the camino in
the Middle Ages with those who walk it today.  If you have any thoughts on
this, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Also does anyone know where I
can find information on what efforts the Spanish government is making to
promote the Camino in the last decade (in English, please).