Camino in Galicia

Robin robtrewaLINEONE.NET
Sat Sep 8 11:20:48 PDT 2001

We walked in June and yes, some roads after Triacastella were washed away. This is also true if you go to Samos though, necessitating the use of the road route which we avoided at all costs. Due to our rudimentary Spanish we failed to understand the signs and went on the damaged way anyway. It was passable if you don't mind using the odd ladder!
I wouldn't, miss Samos myself, especially if you get the chance to go round the Monestery courtyard and see the murals. There's also the spit roast chicken at the bar opposite - v.good.
Robin