Questions from Philly planner

Rod White rodaCIRCLEOFHOPE.NET
Tue Oct 30 06:19:56 PST 2001

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all the very helpful talk on this list, since I joined! You are
an interesting, caring group!

I haven't been learning fast enough from eavesdropping and reading all the
books. So I decided to ask for some advice.

1) My wife and I only have three weeks to be pilgrims next summer, but we
feel quite moved to be on the road to Santiago. I'm thinking we will fly to
Madrid, where we have friends, and then travel to a spot on the camino where
we can start our journey. Given that we are 47 and reasonably in shape.
Where is a good starting place that is about two weeks from Santiago?

2) I also have not discovered what is the best way to travel from and back
to Madrid. Is the train a good way to travel in Spain? Have you ever tried
one-way car rentals?

3) We are very interested in making kind of a side-pilgrimage on the way
back to Avila, since we have been greatly influenced by Teresa. Does anyone
care to give us hints on how to explore there for a day?

Perhaps I am jumbling too many questions together. So I appreciate your
patience, in advance.

Thanks,
Rod White
Philadelphia