Boots

MMB marmaraVICNET.NET.AU
Fri Oct 19 20:48:07 PDT 2001

I am responding to this thread because I asked a similar question on
this list about footwear for the Camino journey some time ago. I knew
that they may be expensive so I wanted to save for them. I received many
helpful responses and suggestions and in the end decided that strong
shoes was the way to go and they would be adequate.

I have not made my journey yet but I walk each day in the bush around
this little town where I live on the East Coast of Tasmania, an island
just north of Antarctica.

Since I made my purchase I do not fear a stumble. The shoes support my
ankles and they are beautifully made of kangaroo leather. They are not
light but they are certainly not as heavy as a well-made boot either.
They are best worn with thick socks. Here is the web-site:

Bunyip Boots
<http://www.bunyipboot.com.au/uluru1.html>

You can see their full range on:
<http://www.bunyipboot.com.au/uluru1.html>

I found the site onlline and then contacted them. I traced around both
feet and posted the drawings. You could fax them I guess but fax might
reduce them so make sure to include greatest length and width
measurements. The staff were very helpful.

BTW Uluru - the name of the style shoe - is the name of Ayer's Rock, in
Central Australia,  site sacred to Aboriginal people.

Maria Brandl
Orford, Tasmania